5 Best Foods to Support Brain Health
By Medha Saraiya
- Avocados 🥑: The healthy fats in avocados support healthy blood flow, which in turn support healthy brain function.
- Berries 🍓: Berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and cranberries are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that they improve the signalling in the brain.
- Nuts 🥜: There are many nutritional benefits in eating nuts, especially they are full of vitamins. Walnuts are good for the brain because they have higher levels of DHA, which is important for brain health.
- Wild Salmon 🐟: Wild Salmon is high in DHA Omega 3. DHA is an essential fatty acid that helps support the tissue of the brain. DHA also supports overall brain performance and makes up about 97% of the omega 3 fatty acids in the brain.
- Dark Chocolate 🍫: Dark chocolate provides antioxidants for the body to help reduce oxidative stress. It also has endorphins that help in improving mood.
Healthy eating will help improve both physical and mental health!