Medha’s Corner – Food and Brain Health
By Medha Saraiya
Simple diet changes improve your brain health. Studies have shown that change in diet improved brain health of individuals 50 years and older.
Here are some suggestions:
- Limit the intake of red meat to one serving per week
- Limit high fat dairy intake such as sour cream and buttermilk to once a week
- Avoid processed foods and pre-packaged meals
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables
- Berries help improve brain health
- Eating nuts is good for our body and brain, but make sure they are not high in salt content
- Beans and legumes are good for you
- Finally, fish and seafoods provide fatty acids that are very good for you
I hope this inspires you to make the transition to healthy eating. It can be difficult to get started, but it is extremely beneficial for you in the long run!