Senior Care During the Holiday Season
By Medha Saraiya, RPN and CEO of ConnexHealth
December 18th, 2020
Many of our loved ones are currently isolating, especially our seniors. It is important that we assist them during these uncertain times. Here are some tips:
- Check on them daily- make sure they are safe by calling them or connecting with them via online options. This will give them something to look forward to everyday. You might want to schedule virtual coffee or tea dates with them!
- Make sure they are following their medication regimen. Some seniors might forget to take their medications on time and it is important to remind them to do so. If need be, speak to their pharmacist and find out if a compliance package might be beneficial for them.
- Drop off pre-packaged meals. Some might not feel like cooking for themselves- Having access to pre-packaged, preferably homecooked meals, will ensure that they are eating nutritious meals during the day.
- Plan a drive-by visit! Schedule a time when parents/grandparents stay by their windows as you drive by their house.
- Finally, ensure that seniors have the assistance they need with snow clearing and salting.