Tips for a Safe and Secure New Year’s Eve
By Medha Saraiya, RPN and CEO of ConnexHealth
December 30th, 2020
As we get ready to say farewell to 2020, it is important to remember that we must celebrate safely by following lockdown regulations!
Let us remember to:
– Stay at home if possible and celebrate with the members of your own household
– Wash your hands frequently
– If possible, keep celebrations outdoors.
– If you are gathering outdoors, have guests bring their own food, drinks, plates, cups, and utensils.
Here some alternate, yet festive ways to celebrate the new year with your loved ones:
- Attend a virtual concert or performance
- Plan a virtual countdown to midnight with friends
- Enjoy a virtual dinner or dessert with friends and family
- Decorate, play music, and have a dance party with the people you live with
- Have a pyjama party and watch your favourite movies or play games
- Plan a special meal or dessert with your family
- Call, text, or leave a voicemail for family, friends, and neighbours wishing them a Happy New Year
- Plan an outdoor neighborhood countdown to midnight
- Watch a livestreamed firework display, concert, First Night event, or other New Year’s programming from your home
- Take care of yourself and do something you enjoy, such as reading a book or taking a walk
- Pick up a special meal from a local restaurant to share with your household
- Plan an outdoor activity with people you live with such as a hike or sledding
- Set new year resolutions